McQuade Library - Merrimack College
iPad Lending and Liability Agreement
Patron's Name: ____________________________ Date: ________________
iPad Barcode/Number _______________________ Passcode: ____________
Patron Type (circle one): Student Faculty Staff
- The iPad may be checked out only to students, faculty, and staff with a valid MACK Card.
- The iPad can circulate for 5 days. Renewals are not allowed, but holds are allowed.
- A $40.00 per item fine will be charged for any lost or damaged power cord or adapter.
- A $35.00 per day late fee will be charged for every day the iPad is overdue. The fine will not exceed $525.00.
- A $579.00 replacement fee may be charged for lost or damaged iPads.
- Users must adhere to all software restrictions and recognize that after an iPad is returned any information or programs stored on the device will be deleted and unrecoverable.
- When returning an iPad, patrons must give it to a staff member and should never just leave it on the desk.
- A passcode is REQUIRED and MUST be given to a staff member upon checkout.
I accept responsibility for:
- Damage to the iPad or accompanying charger cable and plug intentionally or unintentionally caused by myself or another while it is checked out to my account.
- Theft of the iPad or accompanying charger cable and/or plug while it is checked out to my account.
- Any late fee that I incur for failing to return the iPad or accompanying charger cable and/or plug promptly after the loan period ends.
- Any replacement fee or fine incurred due to intentional or unintentional damage, theft, loss, or failure to return the iPad or accompanying charger cable and/or plug.
- Adhering to any software restrictions placed on the device.
My signature here indicates my understanding of and agreement to the above liability statement and borrowing guidelines.
Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: ________________________