If you are looking for information on how to transfer your citations from RefWorks into Zotero, follow these instructions or contact a librarian for assistance.
The Zotero browser extension allows you to quickly save items to your Zotero library while you are searching, without having to leave your browser.
1. Click on the small icon that appears in the right corner of your browser address bar.
2. A box will appear in the lower right corner of your browser showing that telling you when the item is saved.
If you are using Zotero for Firefox, the new citations will appear immediately in the Zotero pane in the bottom of your browser.
3. If you are using Zotero Standalone, click on the "Sync" button in your toolbar to add new items
Whether you are using the Zotero Standalone or Zotero for Firefox, adding citations to your library from the Zotero platform can be done in 2 ways:
1. Add citation information by an identifier by clicking on the "Add Items by Identifier" button on the toolbar, type in the item DOI, ISBN or PMID and press enter
2. Add items manually by clicking on the "New Item" button, selecting the source type and then filling in the information fields in the right column
Whether you are using the Zotero Standalone or Zotero for Firefox, you can add citations to your library by dragging PDFs from your desktop or file window into the Zotero platform.
1. Add the citation to your Zotero library first (using any of the methods in the previous tab), then drag PDF directly over the citation to merge the two together.
2. Drag the PDF into Zotero, right click on the file and select "Retrieve Metadata" to generate a citation based on the information in the PDF.