Welcome to the GIS Library Guide. Use this guide to help you find resources to help you complete your assignments. If you need additional help, please stop by the Research Center on the 2nd floor of McQuade Library!
Good luck with your research!
C.J. Wong, M.S.,M.S.
Science and Engineering Liaison Librarian
Office: 2nd Floor McQuade in Research Center
2. Topic Selection: If you are having problems coming up with a topic, please check out the Science in Context and Global Issues in Context, databases as they have lots of ideas relating to your class.
3. Gathering the background information. Try searching the Gale Virtual Reference Library as many topics will be in those reference materials. If you don't find your topic in there, depending on the topic, there may be an entire book on the subject, so try searching the Catalog.
4. Current Research and Future Trends: To find the latest articles about your topic, you'll need to look for journal articles. Try the following databases as well as Google Scholar:
5. Cite your sources in APA format. If you need help with APA format, check out the page on APA to help get you started. If you have any questions, stop by the Research Center on the 2nd floor of McQuade Library and ask!
6. Don't hesitate to contact your librarians to get some help! We are available via e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, chat, and phone. CJ is at X5350.