2. Topic Selection: Many of you probably knew the minute your instructor started talking about this assignment what you would want to research, but if you are having problems coming up with a topic, please check out the Science in Context and Global Issues in Context databases as they have lots of ideas relating to your class.
3. Gathering the background information. Try searching the Gale Virtual Reference Library as many topics will be in those reference materials. If you don't find your topic in there, depending on the topic, there may be an entire book on the subject, so try searching the Catalog.
4. Current Research and Future Trends: To find the latest articles about your topic, you'll need to look for journal articles. Try the following databases as well as Google Scholar.
5. Cite your sources. If you have any questions, stop by the Research Center on the 2nd floor of McQuade Library and ask!
6. Don't hesitate to contact your librarians to get some help!