NOBLE is a library consortium of 28 academic and public libraries that share their catalog and resources (with some restrictions).
Merrimack College students, faculty, and staff may request items from any NOBLE library and have them sent to McQuade Library at no charge. There is no limit to the number of items that can be requested.
1. Search for the item you are looking for using the catalog.
2. You can just search Merrimack's holdings or expand the search to any library in NOBLE or even all NOBLE libraries.
3. Once you find the item you want, you can click 'Place Hold' from the search results or click on the title and then click place hold.
4. After clicking 'Place Hold' you will need to log in to your account.
5. On the next screen, you can designate a pickup location.
6. You can also decide whether you want to be contacted via email or text when your hold arrives.
7. If you want to contacted via text, you must first select your wireless carrier.
8. Once you have selected your carrier, input your phone number as directed.
9. When you are done, click submit.
10. You will see a confirmation screen after submitting the hold request.